Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015 with Tons of Pics!

Dear Family and Friends,
 Well this has been a great past week. I had changes!!! FINALLY!!!!!! I am now in Huehuetenango. The area that I am serving in is called Ixtahuacan. It is such an awesome place! O I am now in the mountains. When I send the pictures in a moment, you will see the mountains. My new comp is from Utah. His name i is Elder Winward. He is a cool Elder. He have 5.5 months. So I just have a little bit more time than he does. Well let me tell you what happened this week. Well Monday was P-Day as usual and we went with the zone to do an activity. Then we went to eat and then I was super excited to be able to go to my area to write but got there to only find out that the power was out! Oh I was pretty bummed that I  could not write yall last week. Then at 11:30 we got the call telling us who had changes. Well my leader started going through the list and said like 10 names and I thought well I guess that I am not moving. But then he said "...and Elder Chicas." So here I am in Ixtahuacan writing you this email. On Tuesday, all the missionaries that had changes met in the bus terminal to find out where you are going because they don´t tell you where you are going until you get to the terminal. I managed to get all of the stuff into my suit cases. I had no problems. So then I found out my area and got in the bus with others going towards my area. It was a 5 hour bus ride. Oh I was so bored jajajaj. But I got here okay. I met Elder Winward and we took my stuff to the apartment. We then went to correlation with out ward mission leader. Then on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I was meeting members and investigators. We also taught some really great lessons. And we challenged 2 of our investigators to be baptized. They are really positive and progressing really well. On Saturday, we had divisions with the zone leaders. They came and wanted to see our investigators. They think that they can be baptized this month. So we will set a date this week. on Sunday, we went to church. I found out that I am in a branch. It is really small. We had 48 people attend. I conducted and confirmed a girl that was baptized. It was pretty great. I am glad that I was called here to Ixtahuacan. It is pretty awesome. Well that was my week.
 Love,
Elder Chicas

That is the Garcia family. I said bye to them that night. 












 They are the ruins of Zaculeu. And my last companion got transferred to the same district as me. And it was cold in my last area. Here it is just hot jajajaj!








Well those are all the pics for today. I really hope you liked them. I will try and take more awesome pictures like this for next Monday. So I will talk to yall then. I love and miss yall!

Love,
Elder Chicas

No comments:

Post a Comment