Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Why Mormons send Missionaries around the World?


We have received a few questions about what a mission is and why we encourage people to serve missions. Please click on this link to read more about this and please watch the video in the link. Elder Chicas is ONE of 84,000 missionaries and we love him and are so happy he choose to do this. 



-The blessings of the gospel are so precious that we try to share them with everyone we can.

-We believe we are all part of one heavenly family, so missionary work isn't work so much as it is trying to help out our brothers and sisters.

-You might wonder what, exactly, a Mormon missionary does, other than ride a bike and knock on doors, or how a young man or woman just out of high school might end up on a mission. Here are the basics.

-6.7 billion people live on the earth right now, but only 84,000 members are full-time missionaries. Mormons are invited to share the gospel with their friends so more people have the chance to learn about Jesus Christ in a personal, meaningful way.

-Mormons are known for the things they don't drink, their emphasis on the family and the Book of Mormon they read, but in the end the central message of our religion is our Heavenly Father’s plan of happiness for His children and the Atoning sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ.


1 comment:

  1. As Elder Chicas' mom, I also want to share my testimony about this gospel. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. He loves us so much that He send His son Jesus Christ to died for us. I do not know the people of Guatemala, but Heavenly Father does. I do not love them just yet. But Heavenly Father does. So, if my Heavenly Father send his son to died for us. Who am I for not letting my son go and serve Him with all of his might, mind, and strength? Heavenly Father knows and loves the people of Guatemala that is why He send my son to them. I know He will protect him and help me endure whatever problem he might encounter. It is not easy, but I know that is what Heavenly Father wants and I will do whatever is in my power to encourage my son and support him in this marvelous work. All I can do at this point is to pray and have faith. I love Heavenly Father; I know my son loves Him too. To go to a foreign country and leave his family and friends behind is not only an act of courage but an act of love. I testify that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the word of God. The bible written by prophets of old and the Book of Mormon was written by prophets that lived in this American Continent. Both of them testify of Jesus Christ. I believe that we are guided by a prophet of God today. I know that Joseph Smith restored the true church of God on this earth. I leave this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

    ReplyDelete