Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014 (You can listen to a song as you look at the PICTURES) :)

Dear Family and Friends, 
My mission is going great! The people and climate are great. But the work of the Lord is greater. I am a representative of our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I will give these 2 years to serve my Savior with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Missionary work is hard but it is SO SO worth is. I love being here. I know that I was called to serve here for a reason. My companion and trainer is Elder Escobar. He is cool. We are a great team and we work together. On Thursday we had planned to have a lesson with an investigator but she wasn´t there but we still taught a lesson to her aunt and cousin. We gave the lesson of the Doctrine of Jesus Christ. There are 5 points to it which are:
1. Faith
2. Repentance
3. Baptism
4. Gift of the Holy Ghost
5. Endure to the End
 While we were giving the lesson, we both felt the spirit so strongly. We acted upon it and asked them if they would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone who has authority. They said yes!!! We have another lesson with them next week. It is so exciting. The Spirit guided us. This is the work of the Lord and I am an instrument in His hands. I will do everything I can to work as hard as I can. I know that hard times will come my way but I am putting ALL of my trust in the Lord. With Him anything is possible. Some nights we get home and I think wow how did I do all of that work today. Then as I lay in bed, I feel the Spirit because I know that I had help from the Lord. I pray so much in a day. And each time I pray, I feel closer to my Heavenly Father. The song I think about when I am tired, weak, or struggling is ¨A Child´s Prayer'' It always gives me peace.
The first part of it goes like this, 

¨Heavenly Father, are you really there?And you hear and answer every child´s prayer?Some say that Heaven is far away,But I feel it close around me as I pray..."
These are the words that always give me peace. I love that song. Well that´s it for now.
 Love, 
Elder Chicas



(Below is the song Elder Chicas was talking about, 
One of my FAVORITES from the Children's Songbook Written by Janice Kapp Perry)





Beautiful view from the window. Chiquilaja Quetzaltenango Guatemala 



The inside of the his apartment/house 


 Elder Escobar (from Mexico) and Elder Chicas


 Elder Chicas with a handmade bag from Guatemala.






We love YOU Elder Chicas!

No comments:

Post a Comment