Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015

Hola familia y amigos,
How is it going for yall? I hope that everything is going great for yall. I am here in Guatemala living the dream. I love it here. So yeah as yall know I had changes. I got changes to an area called Colonia. I am still in Huehuetenango but now I am in the city. Ixtahuacan was a little town with a lot of aldeas. But now I am back in the city. Instead of the people speaking mam, they only speak spanish now. Jajajaj the struggle. My new comp is Elder Young. He is a gringo from the Unites States. He is in his last change meaning that he is gonna be done with the mission within 5 weeks. But he is a cool comp. We worked hard this week. I left Ixtahuacan at 3:30 a.m. and got to my new area around 7. Let's just say that when I got here, I was super tired. So I took a power nap of like 20 minutes then we got to work. We have this super pilas family that is progressing. They are the Familia Rios. There are 10 members in the family. They are really buena onda. They have been reading the Book of Mormon. We had 2 super great lessons with them this week. Yesterday we went with them and she told us that she has seen a change in her family since we started visiting them. They are keeping compromisos which is really great! So hopefully they will be able to continue. So far the people here have been buena onda. I don't see as much corte or hear as much mam as I did in Ixtahuacan. It is great to be able to talk to the people in spanish. I knew justa  little bit of mam. It was hard to teach when I couldn´t speak the language of mam. But it was a great experience. Well I don´t have much to report this week because I don't remember the peoples names here yet. But yeah it is great to be here. And yup I know that I am turning 19 within 2 weeks. I am getting old jajajajaj. Well I love and miss yall! 
Love,
Elder Chicas



No comments:

Post a Comment