Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Oct 7, 2014 (All is well)

Well this was a very interesting week. Well on Monday, my comp had to go to the office to take an english test. He did really well on it. Then we went to Central Park where we bought alot of stuff.  It was so awesome. On Tuesday, we taught some recent converts. They are named Lorenzo and Maria. We go with them every Tuesday and Wednesday to teach them something. They are so pilas but they also have a lot of question at times. And that is good because they I can learn more as I am teaching them. On Wednesday we went to do another baptismal interview. The girl who was getting interviewed was named Yoselin. She has learned so much in the time that we have taught her. She learns quickly. It makes me happy to help others. Okay well Friday was the craziest day. Mama the President called me yesterday to tell me that he was gonna call you. So you already know that I was in the hospital for about 3 days. Okay well it started when we were getting ready for the baptism. Well we had a super busy morning so we asked the bishop if he could fill the baptismal font. He said yeah. So 1 hours before the baptism we come in to find that the water in the font only comes to about your calves. So we filled it up the rest of the way. But we still had to heat it up because the water was freezing. So we do that. But then my comp forgot the clothes. But thankfully one of the other girls that got baptized the week before brought her clothes and it fit Yoselin perfectly. So then we are about to start and the person we wanted to direct wasn´t there. So I was asked to direct. So I did and it wasn´t too bad. I was a little nervous. And then after the ordinance we were gonna watch a movie while Yoselin and my comp were changing. But the movie that we left at the church was moved and we couldn´t find it. So I had to improvise. Well  by the end of this I was super stressed. So my blood pressure went up........a lot. It went up to 180 over 100. Yeah I know that this is really bad. So I went to another room and my body just like completely shut down. Like I couldn´t move my legs, arms, or even keep my head up. I could barely talk. So the other missionaries called the president and the nurses and they RUSHED me to the hospital. I was in and out of conscientiousness So they got me in the hospital and they started working with me. The president started asking me if I knew my name and where I was from. I told him everything correctly. So they took blood samples and then took me to my room where I stayed until Sunday morning. They gave me medication. And they told me to rest. Well on Monday I dropped my comp off at the office because he finished his mission. And while I was there, the nurses checked my blood pressure. It was 124 over 54. They were like okay that is a lot better. I believe my blood pressure went up because of the stress and everything we ate this week. We ate 17 lunches and dinners in 5 days. On Thursday we ate 4 big meals. But all of this happened because the members wanted to give my comp a last good meal before he went home. 

    Thank you for your letters. I have had my own struggle of trying to bring less actives back to the church. At times they are really positive and come the next Sunday. Other times they just don´t want anything to do with the church. I want them to go to church. I know that it will help them. I know it is good for them.  Thanks for everything you have done for me. I know at times I would start something but then just stop for a while. Like my drivers license and eagle scout, but thanks to your support I did end up finishing them. 

So yeah that´s how my week went. I am now doing well and I am healthy and ready to work again. I love yall.
Elder William Atilio Chicas

No comments:

Post a Comment