Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014 (With A LOT of Great Pics!)

Hi Family and Friends,
Well this has been a great week.  I am doing and feeling great. I have never felt better. And I can´t think of anything that I need. I am doing pretty well right now. The work is going well and is progressing a lot. The investigators we have progressing are Luisa, Alejandro, and Marilyn. Luisa is the mother of the 3 girls we baptized September 20. And Alejandro and Marilyn are brother and sister. They are the children of 2 less active parents. At first when we challenged them the dad was like no because he wanted to baptize them. But we kept working with them and then he finally was like I want you missionaries to baptize my children. So we are setting a specific date tomorrow when we have another cita with them. Yeah we have been teaching a lot until the end of this week. We were working hard but then on Friday night my comp had a fever of 100.6. So we stayed at the house and called the nurses. They told him he needed to rest and if he still fell bad the next day, we would go visit them. Well he started feeling a little better the next day but we just kept it easy because it is starting to get cold. My comp is Elder Ayala. He is a pilas elder. He doesn´t talk much but he's a great missionary. We are working hard together. And it's awesome that grandpa spoke in church today. And okay I will be excited to receive that talk. I want to read it. I am sure it could help me and help strengthen my testimony. And yes mother, I will be the best missionary I can be. And yes I have been writing in my journal. I try to write in it each night before I go to bed. But I will be honest, there are some days that I get home and I am just beat. I can barely plan for the next day but I do. Then I go straight to bed jajajajaj. Yup I know that Thanksgiving is coming. While yall eat turkey and mashed potatoes I will be eating paches (tamales) and vegetables jajaj. And mother, have a great time in San Antonio. That is an awesome city. Oh now that I think of it. Can you send me a bottle of Insanity. The members here do not like picante so I don´t eat a lot of spiciness. I miss it. There is one family that give us jalapeños but they are not that hot. Jajajaja the struggle is real. Yeah I know that waking up at 5 is hard. I woke up at 4:20 each morning to get ready for seminary. But just keep trying and the Lord will help you. I know that I couldn´t get up at 4:20 for anything else but seminary was so worth it. Okay well now let me tell you about my week. On Monday, we just had a normal P-Day. We played soccer as a zone. I am still a boss at soccer jajaj. It´s fun to play. But when I play against some of the kids here, I just can´t beat them. They are just too good jajaj. On Tuesday, we had our zone meeting and that was great. We did a lot of role plays. I was in a lot of them. Role plays are not my favorite but they help a lot. I have learned a lot with them. Later that day we went with some recent converts, Lorenzo and Maria Ambrosio. They are great. They always have questions. Then we went with Familia Lutin to have a little lesson with them. We are working on reactivating the parents and then setting a date for baptism for Alejandro and Marilyn. Well we had a great lesson with them. We taught about the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy. We could just feel the spirit so strongly. It was just awesome. We missed dinner for them but it was so worth it. On Wednesday, we went with some other recent converts, Familia Mazariegos, to help them with the problems they have. They are a great family but they just have some economic problems. We are trying to get them to come to church again because they have about 5 weeks of not attending. Then we went to do some contacting. We contacted a lot but only got 2 new investigators. On Thursday, we went with Lorenzo and Maria to fortify there faith. And we also received a reference. It is a family of 6 with only the parents as members. So we are going to work with the whole family to get them to come to church. This family is la familia Vicente. I still don´t know them but we are going to try to find them this week. On Friday, we contacted and found 5 new investigators. Then we went with a less active. She is Martha Vasquez and she is cool. When we got they she was working with corn. So we helped her and we took a few pictures. Jajajaj I tried to put a basket on my head but it was hard. In the pictures, the basket was about to fall. I had it on my head for like 2 seconds before it started to lean one way jajaj. I just don´t get how women here do that. Then we went home and my comp just got sick and couldn´t do anything. So then on Sautrday we went with familia Lutin at 5 and cooked dinner for them. Jajajaj we made pancakes. I made some great pancakes. On Sunday we went to church and then contacted a little. Then we went with la familia Ochoa to celebrate the birthday of our mission leader and there other son. It was fun. Well that was my week. I love yall.
Love,
Elder Chicas 



































Hola Hermanita Linda,
Usted todavía es mi hermana favorita y siempre va ser mi hermana favorita. Y si, yo tome muchas fotos esta semana para que ustedes puedan ver mi área. Las fotos son muy chileras. Las voy a mandar hoy no se preocupe.  Y no, ahorita no puedo pensar en nada mas que necesito, pero si necesito algo, le aviso. Gracias sis.

Con Mucho Amor,
Su Hermanito,
Elder Chicas 
-o-
Willio Billio Jumping Jillio   



No comments:

Post a Comment