Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 24, 2014

Well I always feel it a pleasure to be able to write you. Well today I am do something a little different. Usually I just open my agenda and see what I did each day. Today, I brought my journal and so what I write is almost word for word in my journal. I hope it´s enough information for yall jajajaj. And btw I love the picutres yall sent. I have some good ones from this week. Well this was a great week. I am so tired right now jajaj but I am glad that I can be here to write yall. So let me tell you about this great week. 
Well on Monday we had P-Day and we played football (American football, not futbol which is Spanish for soccer jajaj). That was fun. And then I went to write yall. It was pretty great. On Tuesday, we had our district meeting. The topic was inviting people to baptism. There were a lot of role plays and I just hate role plays but they help so much. Then after that we went to lunch with la familia Sac. They gave us chicken from Pollo Campero. salad, and spaghetti. It was quite good. I was so full as I usually am after eating with them. So after that we went home and studied a bit more. After that we went with Lorenzo and Maria. When we got there, Maria was busy and couldn´t attend us so it was just Lorenzo.We taught him about the priesthood because he was about to receive it. It was a great lesson. He had a interview on Thursday so we went over the interview questions with him. After that we went to a less actives house but she couldn´t attend us because she was sick. It is just that time of the year down here. I hope that I don´t get sick anytime soon. So since that cita fell we went with la familia Velasco. We had an awesome time with them. In the pictures I sent, we are drinking hot chocolate with them. The Christmas tree is in the background. It was pretty cold that night so they gave us hot chocolate. It was just great. On Wednesday, I was told the night before that I had to take a spanish test the next morning. Well I went to the internet place just to find out that I didn´t need to take the test since I was only in the CCM for 2 weeks jajajaj. So we didn´t have anything planned because I had to cancel the citas we planned for. So we went home and studied some more. After that we went to lunch with Sister Celia. We ate chicken and macarroni. It was good but it was sooo much jajaj. I could hardly walk after eating because I was so full. After lunch we went to la familia King´s house to deliver a letter that I received from a missionary for them. But while we were there we talked about missionary work which went great. After that we went to visit la familia Menchu. Oh I absolutely love that family. Carmen, Cindy, and Dani were baptized in September. We are fortifying their faith and then we are also helping there parents, Sergio and Luisa, prepare to accept a date to be baptized. On Thursday, we studied the Restoration in personal and companionship study. We even did role plays over it. After that we had weekly planning. We then went to contact a reference. We found the house but the parents weren´t home. Then after that we were gonna go to the house to pick up some things we needed. And there are two ways that we could´ve went to get back to the house. There is a long way but it is really nice and calm on that path. The other way was on street where there are a lot of cars. Every single car or truck black smokes and it is just awful because we get all of that smoke in our face. So we decided to take the long way. While walking we found the mother of 2 kids who are going to be baptized pretty soon. She had some bags so we helped her and we talked about her children. So then after helping her with her bags, we started walking home again. We then came across two people who are investigating the church. They wanted to know about the Restoration. It was so awesome because I had the lesson fresh in my head because we studied it that morning. Their names are Carlos and Juan Fuentes. They are brothers. After that we didn´t have time to go to the house so we just went to lunch from there. As we were getting close to where we eat on Thursday, Mily Velasco comes out and tells us that Sister Mimi, the person we had lunch with, was not at home because she went to the coast. So we had lunch with the Velasco´s on Thursday. I was worried that they wouldn´t let us come back on Saturday but they did. They just make really great food. After Lunch we went with Lorenzo and Maria. We taught the Word of Wisdom. They understood all of it. They are just so pilas. They pay attention and are just great. So then after that we went to another member´s house to ask for a reference. His name is Marcia Chachalac. We didn´t get one but we had a great lesson on how we, as missionaries, can help others. His wife gave us some pretty good hot chocolate. I enjoyed it quite a lot. After that we went to dinner with la familia Perez. We ate tamales. They were good. After that we went home. On Friday, I was supposed to have divisions with my zone leader but he called at exactly at 6:30 to tell me that they were cancelled. So then we studied all morning with a lot of role plays. Then we went to lunch with Marlini Mejia. She is such a joker. She is super cool. We ate a piece of meat with potatoes and a salad. Then we stayed a little longer than usual to talk and learn about the church history in Guatemala. It was pretty great. After that we went with the Menchu´s house. We taught a lesson about the Sabbath Day and invited them to church because they haven´t been to church in 2 weeks. Then we left to go to Martha´s house. We stayed there for a while. So then we went to dinner with la familia Kijivix (Key-He-Veesh). We ate eggs with a lot of tortillas and jalapeños. It was great. On Saturday, we studied and did some contacting. We have 8 contacts but only 2 new investigators. Then we went to lunch with la familia Velasco. They gave us Pollo Campero with rice and salad. Then we went to visit a less active with Don Marciana. We visited Antonio Atzul. We talked and gained confidence with him. Then we taught a lesson. He had a lot of questions. He knew the Bible quite well. He just had a lot of questions about what he read. We helped him understand. He is a cool dude. Well has a few years of not coming to church. So we taught him Hebrews 10:22-23, 2 Nephi 31:20, and Hebrews 10:25. And then we invited him to church. On Sunday, we went to church as we usually do on Sunday morning. It was the primary presentation. It was so great. The kids just put on a great presentation. I loved every minute of it. Oh and I had to pass sacrament because 2 of the people that usually do it weren´t there. So my comp and I passed. It was a great Sunday. It was an awesome week! I love yall.  I just have to work hard. I am here for only 2 years. I want to do the best I can without leaving any regrets.  
Love,
Elder Chicas
P.S. Mama, I am glad you liked the pictures. Well I don´t know exactly how we are going to do it for Christmas. My leaders still haven´t given me all the info. I think we are going to Skype for Christmas and if so I am going to skype from an internet cafe. 












No comments:

Post a Comment