Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Well this has truly been a really great week. I am feeling super great at this moment as I am writing yall. I miss yall and think about yall daily but I know that the Lord will help me through my mission. For the scripture says in 1 Nephi 3:7 that he will provide the way for the children of men to accomplish the things which he has commanded. I know that my Heavenly Father is always watching over me and proctecting me. I am happier than I have ever been in my life because I am serving the Lord. Well I am excited to tell yall what happened this week. On Monday we went to contact a reference. We found the reference and her daughter. Her name is Reina Mailde and her daughter is Maria. They were really nice to us and seemed really excited and happy to see us. It was great to meet them. After that we went to the church to make brownies! Oh they were super good jajajaj. Then we played a little bit of basketball with some members. It was fun. After that we wwent to write our family and that is pretty much all that happened on P-Day. On Tuesday we had planned to go and contact references that we had received the week before but no luck. We will continue trying to find them. So then we went around with members and asked them if they could help us in the aldeas (villages). There most of the people speak mam and it can be hard to communicate with the, because they know very little spanish. So we are going to take some members who know mam to help us. I am already learning a little bit. I have a little notebook that I carry with me to write down new words I learn. Oh and I know how to say Andres is mam because a member is named Andres but we call him his name in mam. It is Lix (Leash). There are to dots above the "x" though. Anyways, after going with member we went to help a member move because they are gonna do some remodeling in the house. On Wednesday we went to the aldeas. We didn´t have a member so we couldn´t work a lot with new investigators. So we went to less actives. We found them and they spoke spanish really well. So we could communicate with them. His name is Santiago. We taught him a lesson and then invited him to church. He was really cool. After that we went to a recent converts house. Her name is Maria. We talked and gained confidence with her. And there we also taught a lesson. It was a great day in the aldeas although it was SUPER HOT! So when we started walking back to the city, we helped a woman that was pulling water out of her well. It looked like she was struggling so we ran over to help her. After pulling water out, we contacted her. She was really kind to us, She wanted to know what we as missionaries do and teach. So we told her and taught her a little of the Restoration. We plan on going with her later this week. On Thursday we had interviews with President Smith. We had to wake up at 5 and leave our area at 5:30. So we did and we did get to the interviews with time to spare. So we had the interviews. They went really well. President Smith asked us to share a scripture that we liked from the Book of Mormon. So I shared 1 Nephi 3:15-16

 "15 But behold I said unto them that: As the Lord liveth, and as we live, we will not go down unto our father in the wilderness until we have accomplished the thing which the Lord hath commanded us.

 16 Wherefore, let us be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; therefore let us go down to the land of our father’sinheritance, for behold he left gold and silver, and all manner of riches. And all this he hath done because of the commandments of the Lord."

It taught me that I should do the best I can to always live the Lord´s commandments for as long as I live. After the interviews we had a zone meeting with President Smith. He wrote the question, "Who are you?" and then left because we were about to eat lunch. So as we are eating, everyone is thinking on the questions so it was really silent in the room. Then he came back and we started a super awesome meeting. So we started answering with with, "We are children of God, we are servants of the Lord, we are missionaries." Then he said that those are all correct. He then told us to go to 3 Nephi 5:13

 "13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. And the word disciple means discipline. We must be able to obey the commandments of the Lord with exactitude. So it was a really great meeting. I learned a lot from it. On Friday we didn´t do much because Elder Winward and I were feeling sick. So that wasn´t a great day. On Saturday was my comp´s birthday. We ate waffles and hash browns for breakfast. It was really good. We had an activity in the branch where we watched a movie. We watched the Testaments. It was a really great activity. On Sunday we fast and testimony meeting. Well I conducted the music and I also gave my testimony. The spirit was really strong in that meeting. So that was my week. I love and miss yall!

Love,
Elder Chicas

No comments:

Post a Comment